Recently, I had the honor of photographing a phenomenal group of babes. It was a day of laughter, self-love and growth. During the shoot, I asked each one to tell me about their relationships with their bodies, and each woman had a different story to tell. They were allowed to share as much or as little as they wanted. I’d like to take the opportunity to share their stories as a way to recognize the strength of each of them individually and hopefully other women those with similar feelings about their bodies.
I was never confident with my body up until a few years ago when I started modeling. I have a skin condition that makes me scar in most areas of my body and used to think I had to cover them up with makeup or certain clothes. It got to be very tiring. Modeling helped me realize that my scars are a part of me and that I don’t need to cover them up.
I have days where I don’t like my body, days I’m okay with it, and days where I feel like a goddess. Every day, I remind myself that it’s okay to feel how I feel, as long as I am healthy and taking care of myself.
Things I do to make me feel radiant:
– Kickbox: It’s a great stress reliever and makes me feel powerful.
– Face Masks: I’m really into skincare and it helps me feel beautiful without makeup.
– Go Out to Eat: My best friend and I like to eat sushi once a week and catch up.
– Laugh: I tend to take everything a little too seriously. It’s good to be reminded of the little things in life.
– Music: I love singing karaoke and going to concerts. Music always gets me out of a bad mood.
Ready to celebrate your body? Let’s set up a session!